I’m trying something different with the App Store screenshots in version 2.0.2. See attached images – I don’t know what impact they’ll have with sales but they certainly make the app look a lot more appealing.
Background images are matched to suit the theme used in each screenshot – they are Santorini (ok, not the right island but close) for the Mykonos theme, a Kenyan sunset, a swiss train travelling through the alps, fireworks in Istanbul and 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino (Apple HQ).
Just posted a video of Convertible (v1.6) in action…
Version 1.6 has been released to the App Store. This is Convertible’s biggest release so far and adds many new exciting features.
• Compound units! Display and edit compound values for many units
• New Conversion Type: Pressure
• New Conversion Type: Power
• Favorites are now grouped together at the start of the unit list
• Increased decimal precision on very small numbers
• Significantly improved currency update time
• Display and edit fractional values for compound inches and ounces
• New style number pad now matches selected theme
• New theme, Hong Kong (the new favourite!)
• Bug fixed in temperature calculations
• Conversions returning very small values no longer return zero
• Settings option to turn on/off compound units or display only when editing
• Settings option to group favorites or ungroup them
• Currency update frequency increased to every three hours (when active)
• Sahara theme colours adjusted, now slightly warmer
• Conversion Type can now be changed while in edit mode
• More predictable decimal input behaviour
• New units across many conversion types
• iPad icon now displays correctly (yes, finally!)
Convertible has had a good review on MacStories.net.
Federico Viticci says that Convertible “is one of the most peculiar and fun iPhone apps I’ve downloaded recently”.
Version 1.5 has been submitted to the app store for approval with the following changes and fixes:
– Chinese and Japanese units of length, mass and volume
– Facebook sharing in iOS 6
– Message sharing in iOS 6
– New sharing dialog in iOS 6
– Improved Theme selection
– Three new themes: New York, Sahara and Switzerland (with a tip of the hat to Calvetica)
– Kelvin symbol now displays correctly (thanks RK)
– Many other new units including heart volume, mouse length, height of the great pyramid, etc.
– Mexico is back in North America (thanks HS)
– Did I mention Switzerland? (yes, I like it)
– Theme selection now works correctly while in number pad mode
– Fixed currency swap bug in number pad mode (iOS 5)
Convertible 1.4 has been released in the app store. It’s a huge release, the biggest yet, with a ton of new features as well as bug fixes and some visual refinements in the UI.
Overall I’m really pleased with it – time for a break before thinking about version 1.5!
After a rush of last minute bug fixes and UI tweaks, Convertible has finally made it into the app store for review.
Not everything made it into version 1.0 that I’d wanted but I’d set myself a deadline that was already several weeks overdue.
So work begins on version 1.1 which will mostly consist of features that didn’t make it into 1.0
One last update to 5ft Monkey will be pushed through the App Store before its put away for good. Convertible effectively duplicates a lot of what 5ft Monkey did but does it a lot better so it makes no sense continuing support on a product that’s been superseded.
I’m still working on it getting it ready for the release of Convertible.
More to come soon.